There’s a reason acai bowls are so popular. Not only do they taste divine, but acai berries are loaded with antioxidants, rich in heart-healthy fats and high in fibre. Topped with the crunchy goodness of granola and fresh seasonal fruit, it’s a combination that’s hard to get tired of. This is especially true considering the warmer weather now that spring is upon us here on the Gold Coast!
Make your very own cafe-worthy bowl at home using the following ingredients and simple steps…
For the base:
- 1 acai sachet, unsweetened
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/3 cup fresh seasonal fruit
- 1/2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend the acai, banana and coconut water until smooth.Scoop mixture into a bowl.
- Layer with the granola, seasonal fruit and shredded coconut.
- Enjoy in the sunshine!