The last DIY deodorant that I whipped up lasted me two whole years and I still have the ingredients! I even reused the jar. So I’m not lying when I say that this deodorant recipe is super economical and sustainable. And it only requires four ingredients (which I bought zero waste from The Source Bulk Foods)!
Now I know that a lot of natural deodorants don’t seem to be that effective for preventing… ahem… certain odours. But this one has worked so well for me, even during intense exercise classes! Feel free to add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to the deodorant recipe for your own signature scent.
DIY Natural Deodorant
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup bicarb soda
- 1/4 cup bentonite clay
- 6 drops preferred essential oil (I used cinnamon)
- Mix bicarb soda and bentonite clay together in a non-metallic bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Add the drops of your preferred essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into a small glass mason jar, then add a mini paddle pop stick to use as an applicator.
- To apply the deodorant, use the applicator to pick up a small amount of the deodorant, rub between your fingers and apply to your armpits.