If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain… then this is the recipe you’ve looked for, which you need to create!
I’ve been loving a warming bowl of oats in the cooler months, but now that it has well and truly warmed up, I thought I’d mix things up with an oat recipe that is cooling and perfect for summer. I also wanted to add some extra crunch and nutrients with a super seed bircher topping.
This recipe is packed with omegas, fibre, vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, protein, minerals, zinc and lots of other goodies. So the recipe is super satiating and will keep you full and energised for hours.
The coconut yoghurt adds a delicious creaminess, as well as a hit of probiotics. And the pineapple, passionfruit and mint bring out the glorious tastes of summer.
And despite what the song says, this Pina Colada recipe is great if you like yoga and are into health food!
Pina Colada Bircher
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 250 mL coconut water
- 3 tbsp natural coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup freshly cut pineapple
- 1 medium passionfruit
- Fresh mint (to garnish)
- Loni Jane’s Superfood Burcha recipe here
- In a jar, add the oats, chia seeds and coconut water. Stir to combine and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Serve overnight oats onto half of a plate. Fill one of the remaining thirds of the plate with freshly diced pineapple garnished with mint leaves. Fill the remaining third with the coconut yoghurt topped with half of a passionfruit.
- Spoon the other half of the passionfruit onto the overnight oats, then top with a layer of Loni Jane’s Superfood Burcha. It is easiest to make Loni’s superfood burcha in bulk and store in a glass container in the fridge to add to oats and smoothie bowls.