I love cooking a large batch of super basil pesto pasta and keeping it in the fridge to eat cold in the hot weather. It’s so tasty and is ridiculously simple and quick to make. But don’t be fooled by its simplicity, it is packed with goodness (the secret is in the pesto, my friends)!
The super green pesto is packed with so many goodies and so will hopefully help fend off the nasty cough that’s going around at the moment. And bonus that the pasta is made from chickpeas, so is gluten free and high in plant based protein. Throw some fresh cherry tomatoes into the mix and you have yourself a winning dish!
Super Basil Pesto Pasta
- 200 g mung bean fettuccine (or other legume pasta of choice)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes (or 1 punnet)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 cloves garlic
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta for approximately 8 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
- Blend the basil, spinach, green peas, lemon juice, cashews and garlic in a high-speed blender to a chunky consistency.
- Add the pesto to the pasta and stir well to combine.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves and stir through the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!