I’ve noticed that including a plant-based protein source in each of my meals has helped me to feel more satisfied and stay full for longer. So I thought I’d experiment with adding some vanilla protein powder from The Beauty Chef to my granola recipe. Not only does it create a balanced recipe, it adds such a delicious vanilla taste.
This granola is loaded with a powerhouse of healthy omegas, iron, magnesium, B vitamins, calcium, zinc and selenium. Fun fact: You can meet your daily selenium requirement from one brazil nut (pretty much the only reliable plant-based source)! The recipe is also free of gluten, refined sugars and oils. It tastes SO good with fresh fruit and coconut yoghurt, on top of smoothie bowls, or as a crunchy topping for your oats.
Let’s hope it lasts longer in your fridge than mine!
Healthy Homemade Granola
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup cashews, crushed
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup buckwheat
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 scoops of plant-based protein (I used BODY Inner Beauty Support in vanilla flavour from The Beauty Chef)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a cup, mix together 1/3 cup of water with the chia seeds and three scoops of plant-based protein powder (use more or less depending on your needs).
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Pour the liquid chia protein mixture into the bowl and mix until all of the nuts and seeds are coated.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and bake for 10 minutes (or until golden).
- Allow to cool and store in a container in the fridge.