What if I told you that you could indulge in pancakes every morning and get more beautiful each day?
These gorgeous pancakes are natural, vegan, gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free. The oats and banana will sustain you with longlasting energy, the coconut yoghurt is rich in probiotics for gut health, the beauty powder promotes a healthy glow, and the superfood powders are super for you! Decorate your plate with some fresh, antioxidant-rich berries and you’ve got yourself a damn delicious breakfast that you could eat every day!
Aside from all the health benefits, these pancakes are SO much fun to make and decorate. And despite how pretty they look, they are actually very quick and easy to make.
If you don’t have blue spirulina or pink pitaya powder to naturally colour the coconut yoghurt, you can order the powders online from Unicorn Superfoods. But feel free to stir in some fresh fruit to colour the coconut yoghurt instead, or simply enjoy it plain.
The BODY Inner Beauty Support powder from the Beauty Chef is also an optional add in. I have been adding it into smoothies, overnight oats and other breakfast recipes and not only does it taste divine, it’s packed with so many wonderful ingredients to improve your skin and is also a great source of plant-based protein.
Now let’s get stuck into those pancakes!
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop of BODY Inner Beauty Support Vanilla (from the Beauty Chef) < optional
- 150 g coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp blue spirulina powder from Unicorn Superfoods
- 1/4 tsp pink pitaya powder from Unicorn Superfoods
- Berries (blueberries and strawberries)
- Blend the pancake ingredients until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Bring a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Ladle the pancake batter onto the pan (one tablespoon per pancake). Once the batter starts to bubble, use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook on the other side. Repeat until all of the batter has been used up.
- In one bowl, mix 1/4 teaspoon of blue spirulina with half of the coconut yoghurt. Mix 1/4 teaspoon of pink pitaya powder with the rest of the coconut yoghurt in another bowl.
- Stack the pancakes into two stacks on two separate plates. Dollop pink coconut yoghurt on top of one stack and sprinkle a tiny amount of blue spirulina on top (do the reverse for the blue coconut yoghurt).
- Garnish with fresh berries.
- Tuck in gorgeous!