A salad with a rainbow of different coloured fruits and vegetables is not only more beautiful, but it also provides your body with a huge variety of nutrients. Add in the fact that the ingredients are raw, and therefore retain most of their nutrients, and you’ve got yourself a nourishing meal indeed.
I know I absolutely crave large, fresh and juicy salads as soon as the weather starts to warm up. So making salads is a great way to rehydrate your body in the summer heat. I prepared a creamy, zesty and refreshing mint tahini sauce to dress the salad. And I can assure you it was the perfect accompaniment for the blend of sweet green apple, juicy beetroot, crunchy carrot, bell pepper, cucumber and kale that ended up on my plate. Make sure you use unhulled tahini for a whopping 156 mg of calcium per tablespoon!
Are you ready to nourish and hydrate?!
Raw rainbow salad with mint tahini dressing
For the salad:
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 beetroot, peeled into thin slices
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 green apple, grated
- 4 cups kale
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp unhulled tahini
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Small amount of water to thin to desire consistency
- Mix the prepared fruit and vegetables together in a large salad bowl.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a blender.
- Drizzle the sauce over the salad and mix to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!