This dish is protein-packed, loaded with veggies and full of flavour! It is also a great source of essential omega fatty acids and vitamin E.
I’ve used a mix of capsicum, zucchini and kale for my veggies, but feel free to use up whatever veggies you have in your fridge (aim for 3 cups). Also feel free to serve it on a bed of rice or some toasted slices of wholemeal sourdough.
So without further ado, let’s get cooking!
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 250 g tofu
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- Sauté the onion in a pan with a splash of water until slightly brown.
- Add the veggies and garlic and sauté on medium heat until soft (approx. 5 mins).
- Use a paper towel to blot the tofu and then crumble with your fingers.
- Make a well in the centre of the veggies with a wooden spoon and add the tofu, crumbling it with your fingers.
- Allow tofu to cook until begins to lightly brown.
- Add the herbs and spices, tamari and nutritional yeast.
- Fold in the vegetables to the tofu.
- Serve with 1/2 an avocado dusted with the hemp seeds.