After growing up in a family who seemed to have an aversion to capsicum, I have a newfound love for this delicious veggie! Roasting it has become my favourite way to enjoy its sweetness, spice and juiciness. What better way to enjoy roasted capsicum than by making it into a delectable dip?
- 1 red capsicum
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons of juice from a lemon or lime
- 2 tablespoons of warm water
- Preheat oven to 200°C and roast the almonds for approximately 15 minutes and the whole capsicum for approximately 20 minutes, so that the capsicum skin begins to blister and blacken.
- Allow the capsicum to cool before peeling off the skin and chopping into small pieces.
- Using a blender or food processor (my Nutri Ninja always comes to the rescue), combine the capsicum, almonds, paprika, garlic, lemon/lime juice and water.
Dip in, or spread it over, whatever takes your fancy and enjoy the taste sensation!